Quickview drive RMA'd, received DiamondMax back..

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by pan4life, Jan 15, 2007.

1. pan4life

pan4life New Member

Sep 20, 2006

Advertisements

Anyone have this happen before? In Dec. I RMA'd with Seagate a Maxtor Quickview 250GB that was purchased only a few months back. And they sent me a regular Maxtor Diamondmax 10 drive. The confusion is well-documented what with them having the same 6L250R0 model number, but the old drive was stamped quickview across the front and in the upper right. The new drive has no stamp in the middle and says DiamondMax 10 instead of Quickview. I how how to tune the acoustics with AMSET but i've also come to understand that Quickview drives are modified for different error handling for video and heat reduction.

Anyone have or hear of this happening before? I'm on the phone with Seagate's RMA department trying to sort it out. They are extremely confused as to how they shipped me the same model number but it's not the same drive. That was kind of a bonehead move by Maxtor. First the guy tried to tell me that quickview and diamondmax are the same, but he seems open to what I'm saying now that I've explained it. I'm asking them to send me a Quickview drive or a DB35 drive if they have no Quickview left....