QuickMode upgrade, now audio delay

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by eaadams, Dec 9, 2015.

1. eaadams

eaadams Member

Apr 25, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

I have a Roamio Pro w/Lifetime. This morning I was greeted with the upgrade notice for QuickMode. Ever since the audio has been out of sync.

I had thought it could be the audio delay on my AVR, but, the video is ahead of the audio. When I extend the audio delay on the AVR it only gets worse. Current AVR setting is 0ms.

So it must be this upgrade. I have rebooted. No improvement.

Others having this issue?

2. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    I'm not having that issue or any others that I'm aware of with my Roamio Pro
    Try rebooting yours and see if that helps.
    Is your audio coming straight from your TiVo to TV or do you have an AVR or other audio source for sound. I am using an AVR on my end.
    Good luck.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

3. HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    My video has been losing sync the last several weeks. The only way to fix it has been to reboot the Roamio. This was prior to the upgrade and I was hoping the upgrade would fix it. It hasn't.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    So you guys have reported this to Tivo, right?

5. eaadams

eaadams Member

Apr 25, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

I fixed it. I needed to do a full reboot of my XboxOne then a full reboot of the TIVO. And it improved.

What I realized was adding more delay to the AVR made it worse, so the problem had to be 'in front' of the AVR. The only thing in between my TIVO and the AVR was the XB1. So I dont know what it was but I bet it was the TIVO update getting the TIVO behind the XB1 somehow on HDMI.

Interestingly QuickMode has dissapeard from the TIVO this AM.