Quick-toggle front lights?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ncfoster, Mar 21, 2011.

1. ncfoster

ncfoster Member

Jan 22, 2011

Advertisements

I have been trying to figure this out for a while, and I think the answer is no, but...here goes:

Is there a way to quickly toggle the front display lights on the Tivo Premiere? When I say quick, I mean something like a hidden remote code, etc. that I could program into my remote, etc. I use an All-for-one with no JP1 pins, but I have used some of the advanced codes. There just don't seem to be any for what I want.

Yes, I am aware that you can go into the menus and disable it (pretty sure it is in the SD menu ghetto, which only makes it worse), but I want it on most of the time, and off when I am watching movies in dark conditions, etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. h2oskierc

h2oskierc I'm a 2-Tuner

Dec 16, 2010
    Minnesnowta
    Hand your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend or child a roll of duct tape. Then ask them politely to tape the front, being careful not to cover the remote sensor.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Forum Runner

3. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    BTW, you can control display lights thru either HD or SD menus... FWIW mine are off.

4. ncfoster

ncfoster Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Actually, I just turned the lights off, and there is not an HD menu for this option. Still waiting for a serious response, but assuming the answer is just "no, you can't do this".

5. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011

Advertisements

That's odd because I was using the HDUI originally when I disabled the lights. Since then I switched to SDUI, so I can't recall the menu path. FWIW, I'm using the Premiere.