Quick & Skip Modes on Mobile Client

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by MikeekiM, Dec 16, 2015.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Will we ever see Quick Mode and/or Skip Mode on the TiVo mobile client?

I am not so interested in Quick Mode as I am in Skip Mode...especially for the mobile client... There is so much delay in the UI that you are almost always over shooting the commercial skipping and having to back up to get back to the programming...

I would LOVE to see skip mode implemented on mobile... :up:

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I definitely want BOTH.. (But want RELIABLE downloads far far more than either..)

I suggest you tell Tivo this.. (I will, in surveys..)

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Currently if you initiate playback of a show on TiVo from a mobile app Skip mode won't work (D or Channel Up don't do anything) even with Skip available for the show. So at bare minimum that should be fixed.
    Of course I would rather see SkipMode deployed country wide for series 5 units before anything else.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I posted a thread in the suggestion forum asking for this same thing a couple days ago. Given the slow navigation of the apps SkipMode would be very helpful.

5. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Yes...extremely helpful... :)

6. humbb

humbb Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Northern CA
    The SlingPlayer app, which at times has been helpful filling in for deficiencies in the Tivo apps, seems to work well with SkipMode. The channel up/down and D buttons are reasonably accessible within the player.

7. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah... I wish I still had my Slingbox...

Unfortunately, I have had bad luck with my Slingboxes... I had a Slingbox Pro, and a Slingbox HD Pro, and both became unresponsive... I am not sure I want to invest in a third unit... :(

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I had an older Slingbox that died as well. They were plagued by capacitor issues for a while there. All sorts of tutorials around showing how to fix them, but I'm not that handy with a soldering iron.

9. hytekjosh

hytekjosh Member

Dec 3, 2010
    My Slingbox classic lasted 10 years. Recently moved up to the 350. Running OK so far knock on wood