Questions re. buying TCDA93000 ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Tymb, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Tymb

Tymb New Member

Feb 20, 2005

Advertisements

We currently have a TiVo Bolt and three TCDA95000 minis. I want to add another Mini to an RV which is parked nearby. Seems the TCDA93000 is the best bet since I have no need for voice or 4k but could utilize the RF.

It seems that the only Minis TiVo sells now are overkill for the intended use. Looks like our only source for a 93000 would be used units on sites like eBay. Question is if I go ahead and purchase one, are there any issues in getting it connected to our existing TiVos? Can't remember much of anything about what was involved in getting our current Minis connected as it was so long ago! :(

2. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    You just need to make sure the seller initiates the transfer from the Mini being on their account to being on yours.

It has to be on the same account as a host DVR to connect.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    That’s right. I just sold my mini on eBay. The seller needs to get the name of the buyer then call TiVo and tell them it’s being sold and give them the buyers name. TiVo provides a reference number which the buyer needs to mention when they call in to put the mini on their account. All this has to be done by phone — cannot be done via the web.

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Actually you can do it all online. I just transferred 2 lifetime Minis and a lifetime Roamio via chat.

5. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014

Advertisements

But make sure the Mini is not cable-company owned. Some eBay sellers who rent them from their cable company don’t realize they don’t own them. Or maybe they do. Either way, TiVo will not transfer those to your account.

mdavej likes this.
  6. Tymb

Tymb New Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Great-- thanks for the input. Appreciate the comments from all and now know what to look, or lookout for. :)

7. ArcticGabe

ArcticGabe TiVo is my friend

Dec 27, 2001
    Michigan
    I just bought a 9300 off eBay. I tried adding it to my account online, but it failed saying the TSN was on someone else's account. I called them by phone, and they transferred the TSN to my account. Works great.

8. Tymb

Tymb New Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Ah-- good to know! Thanks for posting.