Question using Samsung Tablet for Streaming from Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by atomarchio, Feb 28, 2021.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006

Advertisements

I am interested in purchasing a new Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 to watch shows from my TiVo Bolt in my home on the same network via the Tivo Android app

Can anyone share their feedback on how well this will work? I've tried on older tablets and it generally has not worked well.

Please let me know. Thanks.

2. Rugged Ron

Rugged Ron Member

Jul 5, 2011
    I've streamed a lot with my old Samsung Tab S and my new Tab S7 and they both work pretty well. Sometimes the login gets a little quirky, but has never been a problem. It may go weeks without requiring a login, then all of a sudden you have to go through the routine again. Sometimes, but rarely, it will lose the setup data and you have to go through that again, but as I said, it is rare.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    FWIW, the being suddenly logged out problem happens on their iOS version of the app, as well.

It's actually fairly frequent where one has to re-login. I have my personal iPhone 8 + 2 different iPads and have hit this on all of them.

Also, one might have to go thru the whole Tivo Customer Support Community again, which might fail. It it still doesn't work, I have to reboot my TiVo Bolt+ to fix it.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    If you're willing to spend a some more $, Apple's 10.2-inch iPad returns to a record low of $299 at Amazon | Engadget should be able to run the latest iPadOS for years to come. Came out Sept 2020 per iPad 10.2" 8th Gen (Wi-Fi Only) 32, 128 GB Specs (A2270, MYLA2LL/A*, 3574*, iPad11,6): EveryiPad.com.

Even iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi Only) 16, 32, 64, 128 GB* Specs (A1566, MGLW2LL/A*, 2822*, iPad5,3): EveryiPad.com that came out in 2014 can run the latest iPadOS (14.x) although that device is probably next in line to be dropped for iOS 15 that should come out on 2H 2021.