Question on "Welcome Back" deal

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Prepper, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Prepper

Prepper Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Colorado...
    I currently have DIRECTV service with 2 HR10-250's, and 3 Philips DSR-704's. If I wanted to replace all that with standalone TIVO boxes, and take advantage of the deal can I do this using the Tivo Welcome Back deal posted elsewhere:

(1) Get 1 Series 3 with 3 years prepaid service
    (2) Get 1 Series 3 with 3-year committment for $12.95/mo
    (3) Get 2 Series 2 180-hr DT with 3-year committment for $12.95/mo
    (4) Get 1 Series 2 80-hr DT with 3-year committment for $12.95/mo

and then

(5) Call TIVO customer service and get MSD applied for #'s 2-4 above and knock off $6.00/mo on each of those other 4 boxes?

I have added all the above equipment to my cart and it's totalling $1660.xx, but before I pull the trigger I want to know for sure that I can get the MSD discount.

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    MSD is not available with the "welcome back" deal. You are only eligible for MSD after the prepay contract expires.

As far as I know -- and I may be wrong -- you would only qualify for MSD after the three year contract was up.

3. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    As bkdtv said, MSD is not available with any TiVo.com purchase+plan deal. Too good of a deal for them to offer it!

What I would consider would be
    Get 2 Series 3 with 3 year prepay through the welcome back program.
    Get your various Series 2 through the tivo.com web specials: about the same price, though refurbished models (I've never found any differences). For those you commit to $12.95 for only 1 year. After the one year you can change to a monthly plan on all of the S2s and get the MSD price (with your S3 serving as the qualifying model).

4. fareal

fareal Member

Feb 16, 2004
    So Cal