Question about watching a One Pass show and then deleting it.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by skypros, Jan 21, 2016.

1. skypros

skypros Ex satellite dealer

May 18, 2015
    Bend, Oregon

Advertisements

Question about watching a One Pass show and then deleting it.

I have the show "Modern Marvels" on One Pass being recorded with these options.
    Start from: Season 1
    Record: NEW & Repeats
    Channel: History

There are allot of episodes in this series...... and I would like to watch "any episode" then delete it....... But what I have a concern is...... If the episode that I delete and it comes back into the schedule.... will it re-record it????

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    In my experience, it does not usually re-record episodes you've already recorded and deleted. But it does occasionally mess up.

3. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Yes.
    After a period of time.

4. GoodSpike

GoodSpike Active Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I've only recently come back to Tivo, but my impression of both TIVO and WMC was that they did some how keep track of episodes recorded. I've been recording Anthony B's "Parts Unknown" on CNN and haven't notice a lot of duplicates, but it's a bit hard for me to tell because I had recorded some using WMC. Also, CNN is rather bad at indicating which episode is shown, which further complicates it.

5. skypros

skypros Ex satellite dealer

May 18, 2015
    Bend, Oregon

Advertisements

Great.... Thanks folks

6. cwb3106

cwb3106 Member

Jan 18, 2010
    To elaborate, there is a "28 day rule". If an episode is either scheduled to to record within 28 days or was recorded within 28 days, then other airings of the episode will not be recorded. Also, if an episode is in the NPL (now playing list), it won't be recorded again regardless of time.

This prevents an episode from being recorded multiple times in the same week. It doesn't prevent it from being recorded again when the network cycles back to the beginning of the series a few months later.

7. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    If the episode info is generic, it is probable that you will get multiple recordings of the same episodes. Check out the upcoming episodes of the program and see what the descriptions show.