Question about transferring Lifetime subscription to new series 2 offer

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DisJohn, Jul 13, 2007.

1. DisJohn

DisJohn New Member

May 14, 2002

Advertisements

Hey Folks

I just purchased a new series 2 through the offer where they are letting you transfer a current lifetime subscription.

I verified that the current subscription is eligible for the offer prior to making the purchase.

My question is this - the current TiVo has a Lifetime Subscription not in my name - will they let me transfer it or will this cause me a problem?

It's a very long story but the original unit was purchased by a firend of mine. He immediately had modem and hard drive issues with it and offered it to me for free. I had it repaired and it worked great. I never switched the Lifetime subscription on this unit from his name to mine and I am getting worried that when I go to transfer it they will give me a hard time.

Anyone do a transfer like this yet? What quesitons do they ask? Do they need to verify your identify as the original subscriber? If so, I know him well so I can get all the info - but I just want to be prepared.

I don't even care if the subscription stays in his name.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

John

2. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    I would get him to contact Tivo, let them know the situation, and things should be fine. They would put notes on the account, so no problems would arise.

Basically, you get a New Series 2 DT unit, and a Lifetime Sub that is from someone else. Its alot like those on EBay selling units with Lifetime Subs. Most people are not interested in the units, unless they are a New Series 3 for example, but for the old Series 1 they are more interested in the lifetime sub :D

3. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Just call TiVo and tell them you want to transfer a lifetime sub you got from a friend to your account. Letely they have just been making the switch without asking any questions at all. If you get hassled ask for a supervisor. They can look an see that your number/zip is the one calling in.