Question about tivos ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by guyplouffe, Jan 13, 2006.

1. guyplouffe

guyplouffe New Member

Sep 4, 2003
    Cranston,...
    I have a tivo that is the old module, hooked up in the usual way just like a vcr, now I purchased a second tivo series 2 - it hooks up a different way. I do not understand this. Why can;t it be hooked up like the first one.

Thanks
    :)

2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Could you be any more vague? The current Series2 units have all the same connections as the old ones, so you're question doesn't make sense.

The only difference I'm aware of is that the DVD-RW units don't support RF Out connections except as pass-through, they don't have an internal RF modulator. You need to use the RCA, S-Video, or component connections to access the TiVo functionality.

Is that what you're talking about?

3. mec1991

mec1991 Cranky old coot

Nov 5, 2004
    Back home...
    In this post last February you had 3 TiVos, all apparently series 2 as they were networked.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=2651493#post2651493

Perhaps they were different "modules"?

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    The connections are the same, in different places, thats all.

On S1s, the RCA jacks are horizontal, with input towards the IR/Serial jack, output towards the RF ports.

Om S2s, the jacks are vertical, with input next to the RF ports, output next to the IR/Serial port.