Question about saved vs streaming shows in menu

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by wireless200, Jul 4, 2016.

1. wireless200

wireless200 New Member

Apr 15, 2004

Advertisements

Good morning. Now that Tivo have made various upgrades to the menus, etc., there's been something introduced that I find a hindrance in accessing my recorded shows.

Have you noticed that with a onepass or recorded show, that for certain shows, that multiple seasons and episodes appear in saved shows that aren't recorded?

Basically every show from every season is displayed there but for those that aren't recorded it's necessary to stream them (for a price).

That's fine to have that option but I don't want all those shows to appear in my Saved/recorded shows so at least allow a way to hide those.

It appears that it would be possible as there's some options involving the A and B buttons but hiding the unrecorded shows isn't one of them.

Any feedback on this? With shows that have many seasons and episodes it's difficult identify or scroll through and find the ones that were actually recorded.

-David

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    When you make a OnePass or edit one, say "Recordings only" you will not see streaming content, yes, it's that easy.

3. wireless200

wireless200 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Well thank you very much for that and the quick response!

Bonus question :)

When there are a bunch of shows recorded in a folder, like say 10 or 20, is it possible to do a mass delete at once rather than one at a time?

-David

4. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    Highlight the folder and press the Clear button on the remote.

5. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX

Advertisements

You need to goto Settings-> Recordings->One Pass and Recording Options

Change Include: from "Recordings & streaming videos" to "Recordings only". You can alternately change "Rent or Buy: from "Include" to "Don't include". Excluding streaming will exclude all streaming, excluding Rent or Buy will block those that cost extra.
    Be sure to exit this menu by selecting "Use these options".

You can then press live tv recordings and one pass will now default to NOT include streaming videos.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016