1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about resuming live tv or a program.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by slatimer72, Jan 13, 2018.

1. slatimer72

slatimer72 New Member

Jan 13, 2018
    So i must be doing something wrong but i am watching live tv or a dvr show and I hit the yellow pause button in the middle to pause the show. I then try to hit the play button on top of the pause button and nothing happens other than it says "quick mode is off, press select to turn it on" I just want to resume playing my show but obviously I am not hitting the right button.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Hydra or prev UI?

I'd think that the Play button (>) should work, bit clicking Pause (||) again should also resume playback.

Are you using a stock TiVo remote?

3. slatimer72

slatimer72 New Member

Jan 13, 2018
    I've had to reset my box to get it working again the times it has happened. If it continues to happen I am assuming I might have an issue. Using the stock Tivo Remote.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i've experienced this (non-hydra), hitting the yellow pause again usually starts playback if the play button becomes unresponsive.

5. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    This used to happen to me on my Roamio when I hit pause and went deep into the menu before the full HD upgrade (not sure of the release number) but no longer does. It used to resume with a click of the pause button and then play would work again on future pauses.