Question about recording HD vs. SD

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gulbane, Feb 12, 2010.

1. gulbane

gulbane New Member

Sep 25, 2005

Advertisements

I just had my cablecards installed. Cablevision uses the 700 + 800 channels as the HD version of the normal channels. (I.E. SD channel 2 = 702 HD).

I want to ensure that when TIVO makes suggestions, it always picks the HD version. TIVO ALWAYS picks the SD crappy version of whatever it does for some reason - which is wierd b/c I read that in the newest update, TIVO should always pick the best version of a show.

Besides manually removing channels 2-30ish in the 'settings/channels I receive' section so that only the HD version remains in the TIVO database - is there any other way to accomplish this?

Thanks all!!

2. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    The only way you can force it to use the HD versions is to remove the SD ones from your channel lineup, AFAIK.

Do you find yourself recording the SD versions of those channels a lot? If not, just remove them. If for some reason you need to tune them again (such as a problem with the HD feed that isn't present in the SD one) you can still tune them manually, if you remember the channel number.

3. BlueEos

BlueEos New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I would agree with the post above. When I went through the channels I get, if there was an HD version, I unchecked the SD version. Don't know if this works 100%, but my unit has never made a mistake when recording the "Office" or "30 Rock".

I don't use Tivo "suggestions" so I don't know if that would be a problem or not when the SD channel is deselected.