Question about Heroes S1 DVDs

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MickeS, Aug 21, 2007.

1. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I noticed in the ads it says "includes the never-before-aired series premiere from show creator Tim Kring"? Is that an entire episode that was never aired, or just a re-edit of the first episode?

2. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Its probably the original pilot. Its good. There are only a few differences than the first episodet hat originally aired but nothing that significantly changes the storyline. I definately recommend watching it though.

3. hanumang

hanumang Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yes, as mentioned, it's the original 70 minute pilot from the spring of 2006 that was shown at Comic-Con (and, I believe, 'leaked' on the net too) last summer.

It's - very broadly - the first two episodes of the series without the filler. That is, the original pilot was reworked a little (from a writing/editing standpoint) and split across two episodes but, because of some changes that were made, episode 2 needing more than a little padding to fill out the runtime. Which is why it's such a yawner...

4. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Thanks.

5. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Entertainment Weekly has a good review of the Season 1 DVD box set, including information about the "bonus" unaired pilot ...

Link: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20052767,00.html