Question about guide information and VideoRedo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by True Colors, Oct 14, 2011.

1. True Colors

True Colors Member

Oct 18, 2006
    I have a series 2 Tivo and also a Tivo premiere.

I use Tivo To Go to transfer recorded shows to my computer.

Then I use Video Redo to remove unwanted content. Video Redo does allow me to output the edited content to a .tivo file

However, when I do that it removes all of the "guide" information about the recording(show description, actors, etc.). Is it possible to put it back? Is there some way to edit a .tivo file and add/change this information?

Thanks,

TC

2. True Colors

True Colors Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Anybody?

TC

3. bud8man

bud8man Tivo Evangelist

Feb 12, 2004
    Oakland, NJ
    It has been a while since I used my Video Redo. I know originally I saved my out put shows as .mpg. This was OK, but lost the guide information and ratings.
    I found a way to save shows with .tivo and it seemed to clear this up. But it has been about 3 years since I played around with it.

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    If you input a tivo file to VRD and also output to a tivo file, VRD should maintain the metadata, which is what you're calling the guide info. This may not be true for an older version of VRD and it was broken in a recent version of VRD TVSuite 4 (H.264 version) but is supposed to be fixed now.

Programs like kmttg and VAP (link in signature) read the metadata in input tivo files and can save it in text files. VAP also can poke it into DVRMS, WTV or .mp4 files output by VRD under its control -- not sure how much of this is also done by kmttg. Program pyTivoMetaGen (link in signature) will generate the text metadata file(s) for one or multiple tivo files in a selected folder.

These metadata text files are in a format used by pyTivo.