Question about Destacker/duplexer?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bigspender, Aug 20, 2007.

1. bigspender

bigspender New Member

Aug 17, 2007

Advertisements

I live in an apartment building that has one dish that splits to all of the units. I bought a single line destacker but I want to get a dual line so I can record two shows at once. My original one was from Sonora Designs the D575. I found another one and was wondering if it will work the same. Its from Terk (Terk Premium Dual Diplexer BDD-32)

Thanks, Scott

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    That is a diplexer, not a destacker. Two entirely different animals. What you need is a dual destacker like the Sonora D575D - http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=SD575D.
    Kinda expensive though.

You can accomplish the same thing with a high frequency splitter and a 2x4 multswitch. Split the signal from the dish (this is the only time it can be done). Then connect one side of the splitter output to the 13v side of the multiswitch and the other to your D575. Then the D575 output to the 18v input on the switch. Connect the outputs on the switch to your TiVo.

3. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    Use the following setup if you want dual feeds. This is what Jim was explaining above. Thanks to feldon23 for the diagram.
    [​IMG]

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Thanks to rminsk for finding that diagram.

5. bigspender

bigspender New Member

Aug 17, 2007

Advertisements

Would'nt be easier to get the Sonora Dual stacker? I only have on tivo box but it is a dual tuner. That diagram shows two boxes. I guess I didnt ask the question right....Oh well Thanks for helping guys...

6. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    A dual destacker is much more expensive option. It does not matter if you have one or two DirecTiVos. The setup above will work with just one box and you would have some spare outputs.