quatity of data transferred every night

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by wireless200, Dec 18, 2010.

1. wireless200

wireless200 New Member

Apr 15, 2004

Advertisements

How much data is transferred just for guide data and anything else less streaming video or movies?

At my second home I have an Verizon aircard connected into a wireless router - there's no cable or dsl out there - and i want to network my tivos out there with each other with wireless adapters. Once they're networked you have to use the internet to get guide data or switch everything back and forth to the phone line. The aircard has a limit of 5 GB per month. I shouldn't think the guide data should be more than 1 MB per day right?

2. Quake97

Quake97 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Southeastern PA
    While I don't know for sure, I don't think you'll have any issue with the nightly downloads. the only time you could run into a problem is when updates come out, but I don't think they're that huge either. I haven't used Verizon in a long time, but I suggest you check your bill online. The carriers typically report the data used on a given day. If no one is in the house and its just the TiVo, then you'll get a good idea of how much data it uses on a daily basis.

Joe