Quad Tv Viewer

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Slawtiger, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Slawtiger

Slawtiger New Member

Sep 10, 2015
    I was wanting to set up a sports room in my house and buy a huge 4K tv and use a quad tv viewer to watch four football games at the same time. Is there anyway to have TiVo on all four games?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Each of those inputs would need its own individual Tivo. That would mean 4 boxes, and managing the 4 remotes.

3. Slawtiger

Slawtiger New Member

Sep 10, 2015
    ‘How would you set up 4 remotes to one tv? We have this issue now where our son upstairs on a Samsung tv uses the remote on the TiVo mini and it does it to our downstairs TiVo unit. It is so annoying.

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    "Quad TV viewer"? Is that a thing now?

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo can be programmed to have up to 9 separate IR remotes. Its a hidden feature. The IR codes are slightly different, as listed as IR addresses.
    Roamio and above uses RF so only the one Tivo it is paired to can respond.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's implicit from your post that the remotes are in RF mode. You can have the remote control just one TiVo, but starting from your situation is a bit more difficult. I have four Roamio/Mini within 10 feet of each other and have no interactions.

First, you have to wipe (factory reset) each remote. Instructions: https://support.tivo.com/articles/I...-Perform-a-Global-Reset-for-my-Remote-Control which also clears the TV/AVR IR commands. Turn off (power removed) from all TiVo boxes. Then power on one TiVo. Pair the remote:https://support.tivo.com/articles/Features_Use/TiVo-Remotes-RF-Pairing-Instructions and verify all is well.

Now power off that TiVo. Power on the next TiVo. Repeat the clear and pairing instructions. In RF mode the signal can travel quite far and the remote will pair with the first TiVo it finds. I had that happen with a new Mini, so I know your pain. Good luck.

7. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    I programmed a $15 universal remote for a guy a while back to control 8 Tivos. Worked great. You could also do it with any Harmony, but those are typically more expensive. Today, I'd probably just use a universal remote app like theHomeRemote so I could control all 4 from a single screen on a phone or tablet. But the way I did the cheap remote was hold "1" to switch to Tivo 1 mode, "2" for Tivo 2, etc. You could really use any buttons for mode switching, like the colored buttons or even the device buttons. Either way, totally do-able. Your single TV makes it even easier since controlling 4 TVs would be trickier.

I know you're considering juggling 4 remotes, but I think that would be a nightmare.

Can Harmony Elite Remote control up to 8 running Tivo's

kpeters59 likes this.