QAM channel lists

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by usnret, Jun 12, 2008.

1. usnret

usnret New Member

Nov 25, 2003
    NW Ohio

Advertisements

We are moving to Ohio (about 18 miles south of Toledo) next month. It's going to take awhile to get cable set up (TW). Was wondering if there is anywhere on the net that gives the QAM channels out of Toledo?
    Tks

2. ~ K ~

~ K ~ New Member

Dec 26, 2004
  3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I entered my ZIP code, and none of the info on the 'digital cable' channels match what I get for QAM channels.

There is likely a thread in avsforum.com in the "local hdtv info and reception" area for your cable company.

4. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    I tried my zip code.

Doesn't even say which of our cable carriers (we have two, as well as FiOS) the list is for.

5. ~ K ~

~ K ~ New Member

Dec 26, 2004

Advertisements

Sorry guys...here is an example of my list...under the qam256 section of that site:

81.1 is NBC
    81.2 is Fox
    81.3 is some NBC weather thing
    85.1 is YES network
    101.1 is CBS
    101.3 is CBS weather

The key being the ".x" part. Before seeing the list, I had no idea that you could even have a channel with a ".x".

Hope this helps.

~ K ~

P.S. Not sure why the 101 range is off with the decimal portion. I tried it as posted and, when the first was off (101.3), I just used a little common sense to go down with the channel numbers.

[​IMG]

6. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    This list doesnt work for me either. Wish I could find something that did.

7. ~ K ~

~ K ~ New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    brettak,

There are quite a lot listed using the zip code for Atlanta, GA (the location under your name). (Digital Cable unencrypted / Type: qam256) As they are local to you, I have no idea what each is, but did see a few that seemed self explanatory. For example, TWC (usually The Weather Channel) seems to be at 93.1, QVC at 104.210 (my television will accept .xxx channels, but seem to tune back to .x, so I can't really be sure of the result).

What happens when you use your qam tuner and try those channels?

~ K ~

8. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    I'm more interested in the PPV QAM channels. I use to get them and I think maybe they have just moved somewhere else. That list shows channel 116-2 or something like that as being QAM PPV. If I enter that channel I get nothing. So I guess about half of the list works and half does not. But then again there are probably 4 or 5 different cable companies within the Atlanta area and this list does not say which one they are using.

9. ~ K ~

~ K ~ New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Aaahhh...brettatk, I see. Unfortunately, PPV is random. I have run across it on my system a few times when I was first locating the channels, but someone has to have ordered it. And, finding it just as a movie starts is hard to do.

For others having trouble locating the unencrypted channels. My previous HDTV was a Visio. The qam tuner was a separate input. I hadn't done enough research at that time to really know where the unencrypted channels were. That tv died after 1 yr and 2 weeks...thankfully, I had purchased it at Costco before the return policy changed. I brought it back and got a Sharp which is able to tune everything on the same input. (Tivo in one input and cable straight to tv on another).

10. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh