Q about the glo remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Mike Pfeifer, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Mike Pfeifer

Mike Pfeifer What?

Mar 16, 2011
    Chicago
    On my standard remote, the ink on the buttons is just about worn off on most of the buttons. My directv TiVo remote was the same way when I had that. Does the glo remote have this issue or is it made better?

2. chewy2314

chewy2314 Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Northern...
    I've only owned two glo remotes for about 6 months and haven't noticed any wear on the buttons. helps that it is backlit and so there's no paint to wear off on then. now the sides where the silver is.. now that's worn near where you would hold the remote.

BTW, i think the slide remote has gone down in price and now a bit cheaper than the glo remote:
    http://www.amazon.com/TiVoSlide-C00...FKR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327688043&sr=8-1

3. arizon

arizon New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Tucson, Arizona
    I highly recommend the slide remote because it uses bluetooth to talk to the Tivo instead of infrared. This avoids having to precisely point at the Tivo (I have mine in a cabinet). You'll still need to point at the TV for functions like sound volume but you don't have to be as accurate since TVs are usually not in an enclosure. :D

Plus, it sure speeds up entering text for searches... ;)

--Arizon

4. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    You would probably do much better with a Slide remote. Although it will take a while to get used to the smaller size and heavier weight, it has a LOT more features, and is faster. I highly recommend.

5. ShinySteelRobot

ShinySteelRobot Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    +1 for the slide remote. I have both the Glo and the Slide and the Glo sits in a drawer at this point.

6. mmf01

mmf01 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Orange...
    +2 on the slide remote. Night and day difference with respect to speed and responsiveness. Worth every penny and you couldn't pay me to use the IR remote ever again! ;)