pytivo togo issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by langsbr, May 20, 2011.

1. langsbr

langsbr New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Columbia, SC

Advertisements

I initiated a transfer, but then realized that the drive letter I had it configured to save to didn't exist on my PC any more.

Now, that show still says Initiating transfer, please wait. I've rebooted the tivo and pytivo with no change.

Any suggestions?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Restarting pyTivo should definitely do it, considering that pyTivo (at least my version) doesn't retain any state for the ToGo plugin between runs. (I think there might've been another fork that did, though...) Note that the "Soft Reset" button doesn't restart pyTivo.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    On your TiVo, go to Find Programs .... To Do List. If the program shows there, cancel whatever it says is going on. Actually I think this is a cure for a particular failure mode when transferring to the TiVo, so probably won't help. But it costs little to try.

4. langsbr

langsbr New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Thanks, that did it! I typically do simply restart the service - I indeed tried the web config soft reset - Thank you for all your work on this, it is a great asset and the main/only reason I have a tivo!

5. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston

Advertisements

Your comment made me think. I too believe I woud no longer be a Tivo user if not for wmcbrine's great work in pytivo. There are many other great contiibuters as well so to all,

A heartfelt thank you!

jcthorne