pyTivo pushes resulting in folder of one item?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Spenner, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Spenner

Spenner Member

Mar 28, 2006
    I've been using pyTivo to push h.264 MP4s to my Tivo HD for a while now. At first the movie displays normally in the Now Playing List. But after a random number of days, the NPL displays it as a folder with one item in it, i.e. "Yada Yada Yada (1)", click into the folder and there's "Yada Yada Yada".

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a solution?

This seems to happen to just about every movie I push that stays on the NPL for more than a few days.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Yeah, that's normal. No solution that I'm aware of.

There's something... I can't quite remember it now, but some way that this gets triggered typically... Anyway, I don't think you can kill the folders once they're there, except by deleting the files.

You should be seeing the same thing on TiVoCasts, if you're subscribed to any. Back in the day, it used to be that every TiVoCast downloaded would immediately create a new folder (if there wasn't one for that show). We complained, and TiVo "fixed" it, but it seems the fix was incomplete, since the folders spontaneously reappear sometimes.