pyTivo problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Golfguy54, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Golfguy54

Golfguy54 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Asheville NC

Advertisements

First, let me say I'm not very literate with most of this stuff. I've been using version 1.6.19 without problems since I installed it but I've been trying to install the 1.6.24 update without success. My computer (W 10) keeps saying that It's running and I need to close (whatever) is keeping me from updating the version. I've tried everything I can think of as far as turning off or exiting pyTivo but still something's apparently running in the background that I can't find. I've disconnected both external hard drives that are storing files with no success. I can't uninstall the program without getting the same error message and right now the program isn't running right as it displays 'Error connecting to pyTivo'. I pretty much use the program to offload shows from my BOLT and put them on an external HD and like it a lot due to its speed of transfers. Any suggestions???

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Are you looking at processes in Task Manager? Have you rebooted the PC?

3. Golfguy54

Golfguy54 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Asheville NC
    I will look at those 2 suggestions when I get home from work tonight. Thanks!

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    There are three apps with pyTivo Desktop. The tray app, the actual pyTivo server and the desktop UI part. If any 3 of those are running the installer will refuse to install a new version.

kpeters59 likes this.
  5. Golfguy54

Golfguy54 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Asheville NC

Advertisements

Thanks guys. I'll finally have some time in the next day to look at both your suggestions.