pyTivo metadata help...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lapdog12, Jul 26, 2015.

1. lapdog12

lapdog12 Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Sorry, new to all of this. I figured out a few things but I have a couple metadata questions:

(I'm getting my metadata from the metadatagenerator)

1) How do I get the Season number and Episode number to show up at the end of the episode title. Example tivo shows "The Fuzzy Boots Corollary" (S1 E3)

I'm looking at having that (S1 E3) show up.

2) right now after the description of the episode it says:

TV-PG, Separator, First aired: 10/29/07

I would hit info and under Categories it says Separator. Does anyone know how to fix this?

In my Big Bang Theory folder on my tivo the shows recorded by the Tivo has all the proper info that I would like to have. Is getting that info from files on my computer onto my tivo via pytivo possible?

Also the list in the tivo folder where the tivo'd shows display the S8 E12, on the files I transferred from pytivo just displays only the month and day the episode first aired (exp: 10/22) the year isn't included.

This is an example of the metadata file i'm using:

title : The Big Bang Theory
    seriesTitle : The Big Bang Theory
    episodeTitle : The Middle Earth Paradigm
    episodeNumber : 106
    originalAirDate : 2007-10-29T00:00:00Z
    description : Penny hosts a Hallowe'en party, putting Leonard, Sheldon, Wolowitz, and Koothrappali through a new test of their social skills.
    isEpisode : true
    isEpisodic : true
    seriesId : SH931182
    tvRating : TV-PG
    vSeriesGenre : Comedy
    vDirector : Cendrowski|Mark
    vWriter : Goetsch|David
    vGuestStar : Wade|Brian Patrick
    vGuestStar : Cannon|Rachel
    vGuestStar : Holloway|Cynthia
    vGuestStar : Williams|Kimberly Kevon
    vGuestStar : O'Reilly|Erin Allin
    vActor : Parsons|Jim
    vActor : Galecki|Johnny
    vActor : Cuoco|Kaley
    vActor : Helberg|Simon
    vActor : Nayyar|Kunal
    vActor : Rauch|Melissa
    vActor : Bialik|Mayim
    image : BBT S1 EP_06.mp4.jpg

Ok, I think I've asked too much but hopefully something can be solved.

Thanks in advance.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    The new-style (Season, Ep) indicators can only be set by having a valid programId, AFAIK. (The old-style episodeNumber was/is only used in the SDUI.)

Only TiVo Inc. could fix it. This is a now-longstanding bug on their side. The genre tags are useless because of it. (I think they may still work correctly on the older versions of the TiVo software found on Series 2 and 3, but at this point, I'm not sure.)

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Anticipating the next likely question:

MG3 (Metagenerator Ver. 3) was able to get programId for TV Series Episodes until recently but now can't -- and there appears to be little hope for the future. For more details, see the MG3 thread on the pyTivo forum, starting with this post:

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/post17447.html#17447

4. lapdog12

lapdog12 Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Oh well. I can just type in the season and episode number in the show title and that will at least help some.

5. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    MG3 may be able to automate this, depending on exactly what you want. There is a metadata-based Title template entry box in the settings tab.