PyTivo desktop issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by David Knowles, Sep 15, 2020.

1. David Knowles

David Knowles Member

Apr 8, 2005

Advertisements

Hello,

I had to rebuild my Windows PC recently and after re-installing PyTivo, I cannot get the Tivo to show the videos in the folder on my PC.

I see the My Tivo Videos folder in the now playing list, but it's empty.

PyTivo shows the program list on my computer, but not on the Tivo.

It's probably a setting I am missing, but I cannot remember what it was.

I have re-started the tivo and the computer to no avail.

If I put the old drive back into the computer, it works fine.

Thanks in advance!

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If the old drive works, but the new one doesn’t, it's most likely a firewall setting. Also make sure your network is being detected by Windows as a private network and not a public one. Occasionally it gets confused and picks public and that locks down all sorts of networking stuff.

If you think it's a pyTivo setting you can copy your old .conf file from the old drive to the new one. It's store in C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\pyTivo\

3. David Knowles

David Knowles Member

Apr 8, 2005
    It initially picked public but I changed it to private.

I tried to uninstall pytivo and re-install it but it kept the settings

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Did you look at the conf file from your old drive? That would at least tell us if it was a pyTivo setting or a Windows issue that was causing the problem.

5. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...

Advertisements

Are you SURE the new install is referencing the exact same folder on the drive that the original one was using? Have you tried a new test copy from the TiVo box to see where it is stored on the new computer? Since your Desktop can see the TiVo, try copying over a new program from the TiVo, and then see if that one shows in the pyTiVo share back on the TiVo box.

If the new copied program is there, but none of the old ones are, it would be a strong indication that the new installation is using a different folder. And of course the next step in that case would be to just find where the copied program was placed on the computer.

I use multiple different folders for pyTiVo shares, including an occasional external drive, and it always seems to be a bit of a pain to get them set up and working correctly in pyTiVo when I make changes.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020