Push Videos From Amazon To Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bellbm, Nov 9, 2019.

1. bellbm

bellbm Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Chicago
    Is it still possible to download videos your purchase on Amazon to your Tivo? I don't think so, but just making sure I'm not missing something.

2. fyodor

fyodor Active Member

Sep 19, 2006
    There is software called PlayonTV that will download streaming media, which can then be pulled to your Tivo. It requires additional steps and the quality is lower. Easier to just stream, especially if you are using a good streaming device.

3. fyodor

fyodor Active Member

Sep 19, 2006
    It has not been possible for I think six or seven years to download Amazon videos to your Tivo through the integrated tivo functionality.

jrtroo likes this.
  4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Ever hear about those two boxes in Device Preferences that "must" be checked? This the heritage of the one on the right:

Enable Video Downloads

Use this setting to enable a box to download TV shows, movies, and other video content from the TiVo service over your broadband Internet connection. Specific program offerings will vary from time to time and may not be available to all subscribers. You can turn this setting on or off at any time without charge. Changes to this setting take up to 24 hours to take effect. Your TiVo box must be connected to the Internet via broadband in order to download video.

It's cheaper to just ignore it.