Purchased Program in Same Folder as Recorded Program?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by michael1248, Jul 31, 2019.

1. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    I have recorded some of my favorite "Everybody Loves Raymond" episodes and never delete them. Yesterday, I saw that their one-hour clip show was on sale at Amazon ( I am a cheapo!) and decided to fork up the $2.

Is their any way to get the purchased episode to show up in the same folder that just has the recorded episodes without toggling thru the button that displays the entire series with every episode?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Nope.

3. Joe3

Joe3 Active Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boston MA
    I recently did it with a CD going back to the TiVo but for the life of me I don't know how I did it.

Let me explain. A couple of weeks ago TMC showed Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe. I do have it on CD but it was on TCM and it's easy just to record it off of there. But when I played it back for two hours I noticed that the chapters only went up to six. I asked myself where the hell is the other six chapters.

This sort of blew my mind because you know I really really got into the series again. So I decided to get the missing chapters from my CD and put them on the TiVo for the remaining six chapters that weren't shown by TMC. Now, I have a Romeo pro running T3 so I can still do stuff like that which is convenient. I use something called Videoredo to fix it for the TiVo and then used something called a mega generator. Then I transferred the missing chapters from the CD back to the TiVo using PyTiVo. To my surprise both the recorded and the purchased chapters came together in one nice folder with all 12 chapters and the correct incredible artwork for volume 1&2 of Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe. Artwork that didn't show with just the TMC recording.

I'm sorry but I have no idea how that happened but it happened. So there is a way, but don't ask me how, I just did it by accident so far.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  4. Kaphka

Kaphka Member

Dec 15, 2008
    You just need to go to that episode, hit "Bookmark in My Shows", and then set the folder view to "My Episodes". The "My Episodes" view shows all of your recorded episodes, and any streaming episodes that you've bookmarked. If it doesn't work the first time, delete the bookmarked episode and bookmark it again.

This is for the old UI. I assume it also works in the new UI. If not, I guess that's another reason to avoid "upgrading". Obviously this will only work if Tivo knows that that episode exists, and knows that it's available on Amazon.

5. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    A wishlist search for the title of the show should create another folder that might include both the recorded and purchased episodes.