Publish Video Folder to Bolt - Roamio Works Bolt does not

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Herb EN, Sep 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Herb EN

Herb EN New Member

Sep 3, 2020

Advertisements

I have both a Roamio and a Bolt on the same ethernet network. Using pyTivo i can download from both. I put video files into "My Tivo Videos" folder on my PC. The Roamio sees the folder in the "All Shows" listing and successfully uploads and plays mpeg file. The Bolt does not show any folder for published videos in the "My Tivo Videos" folder. Any suggestions?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Is the Bolt running the new UI or the older one? TiVo removed support for shares like this from the new UI.

If the Bolt is using the old UI then a reboot will likely fix the issue. (reboot the Bolt, not the PC)

krkaufman likes this.
  3. Herb EN

Herb EN New Member

Sep 3, 2020
    It is running the new UI. Is there a way around this. I cannot understand why Tivo is eliminating such a useful feature.

4. Herb EN

Herb EN New Member

Sep 3, 2020
    Is there a way to upload video files to the Bolt even if it has the new UI. I do not care if it doesn't show files stored on the PC, but I want to move the files from the PC onto the Bolt.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

The only way you could do this would be to upload them to the Roamio first, then use the online.tivo.com website to transfer them from the Roamio to the Bolt. Not really ideal, but if you're just doing it occasionally then not that big of a problem.

If you want to watch stuff on your PC frequently then you should look into using Plex instead. It'll stream from your PC to your Bolt.

Alternatively you could revert the Bolt to the old UI. But that will delete all your recordings and passes. You can back everything up using pyTivo and kmttg first, then restore once you're on the old UI, but not everything can be transferred. Some premium shows and certain other channels, depending on your cable company, are protected and can't be transferred to a PC.

6. Herb EN

Herb EN New Member

Sep 3, 2020
    Dan, Thanks for your input. Already considered the Roamio conduit. Not ideal plus I want to discontinue the Tivo service for the Roamio. I don't really watch stuff on my PC and want to keep the recordings available on the Bolt for my wife to access. I don't have premiums shows recorded so I could download everything to my PC and upload it. I am new to the pyTivo and kmttg. Kmttg won't work after the license runs out in January. Not familiar with Plex. Just want to upload videos to Bolt. How does one revert to the old UI?