Publish music files

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by gcsheph, Sep 21, 2007.

1. gcsheph

gcsheph New Member

May 13, 2005
    We have a new Series 3 and wireless hookup(basic cable only now - hdtv to come). All this is working well. I was trying to publish music files per the manual. The desktop software works fine and says I have a folder of music published. However, the TIVO doesn't show it.

Another post had a list of steps and talks about Norton Internet Security (which I use). However, nothing tells me what type of setting I need to change to allow the TIVO and computer to talk in this capacity. All of the communications between TIVO and the internet work fine.

If anyone has ideas how to cure this I'd appreciate it!

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

I don't think that enabled on the TivoS3 yet.

3. moxie1617

moxie1617 Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Chicago...
    If your S3 is really new you may not have ver 8.3 yet. If I remember correctly, even after 8.3 was loaded it took a few days(weeks) for the "Music, Photos, Products and More" folder to appear in Tivo Central. If it is there and you still don't see the two folders for Music and the other for Photos, you can try and add the server manually.

4. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    S3 can play music off your computer. Just not transfer videos yet.

The most common problem with the tivo not seeing your computer is the firewall. Windows XP (and Vista) has a built in firewall that probably needs some configuring.