PTVupgrade software glitch, help needed

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by RBB, Jan 1, 2006.

1. RBB

RBB New Member

Jan 1, 2006

Advertisements

I just installed a PTVupgrade drive in my Pioneer DVR-810H. The drive seems to be working fine., However, I can not set it up to change the channel on my digital cable box. During the guided setup I get to a page where it instructs me to choose the brand name of my cable box from a list below. However, there is no list. There are no brand names and there is nothing to choose from.

I backed out of and skipped that step. The trouble shooting tips from Tivo Central instruct me to set this up at Message and Settings > Settings > Channels > Changing Channel. However, the last menu is not listed on my Tivo. I do not have a 'Channel Changing' menu.

My guess is that the software is inomplete or corrupted. Is there any way I can verify this and/or get the complete software. My Tivo is dead in the water if it can't change the channels on my digital cable box using the IR.

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Repeat the backup/image process and see if it works. For one reason or another this has cured various problems over our year of upgrading over 100 TiVo's.

3. RBB

RBB New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    What's the backup/image process? I did do a delete everything and started over only to get the same thing. Is there a different process you're suggesting?

4. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Sorry, I misread your original post and assumed you did the backup/upgrade yourself rather than just sticking in a ready to go drive. Time to get on the phone with PTV and let them figure it out.