PTV: Games Not Launching Properly After Service Update?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by PlayTeeVee, Sep 21, 2007.

1. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007

Advertisements

Has anyone experienced problems launching (PlayTeeVee) games after the last service update? My TiVo got stuck during the update and I had to reboot, which MAY be the cause.

The behavior I get is that games sometimes just not launch and restart the launcher instead of the selected game. I'd like to know if this is a localized incident ( because of my TiVo ) or something broader..

-Trax ( The PlayTeeVee Team )

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Still works for me...

Are you talking about the daily "phone home" or an actual software update?

3. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Hi!

it's an actual service update where it locks you out and changes a bunch of stuff. The visuals have changed slightly too, with a more stylized look.
    Maybe you didn't get the update yet. Either way, we're looking at it. Thanks for checking and keep us posted if anything does change!

-The PlayTeeVee Team

4. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Are you talking about a PlayTeeVee service update?

I thought you were talking about a Tivo service update.
    Seemed strange in that if there was a Tivo service update causing problems there would be other threads about it.

5. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007

Advertisements

Hi!

Yup. It's about the service update. PlayTeeVee uses a feature that isn't used by a lot of other apps ( moving between different applications ), which is why it's more likely to manifest itself in our app.

We're talking to TiVo about it though. Either way, we'd appreciate the feedback!

Thanks!

-The PlayTeeVee Team.

6. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Just to clarify, he's referring to the 9.1 update that is in early release from TiVo.

7. dheerema

dheerema New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Michigan
    I have had another problem since the last update. My networked s2 tivo shows an older tivo in the now playing list. It is not een on the network anymore. Also, it is showing another tivo with an older name I had used. I can not transfer anything from this unit anymore, but it is "seeing" the other units.

8. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    The Support site says that any unit with 9.1 cannot MRV with a unit still on pre-9.1. They must've made incompatible changes to MRV in 9.1 so all units need to get the update to talk to each other.

9. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks for that. I couldn't determine what PlayTeeVee guy was referring to.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any other threads about it yet.

10. headroll

headroll Let em' Roll

Jan 20, 2003
    Long...

I agree. Even if this thread is an advertising trick, I was happy to find the service, which my 5 year old now loves.

What I would really want is a pre-toddler friendly application that makes sounds/music/colors based on random remote entries (with a special series of keypresses to exit). This would give the 2 year old somehting to do on the TiVo too.

-Roll

11. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
  12. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Hi!

Good to hear you like our service! We'd love to have some more kid-friendly games with sounds / music. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in the TiVo libraries that prohibits using custom sounds.
    We're working with them on it though, so stay tuned. Also keep your eyes out for our upcoming game, which I'm sure your 5-year old will love!

-The PlayTeeVee Team

13. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Just out of curiosity, which game(s) does your kid like best?

-T

14. headroll

headroll Let em' Roll

Jan 20, 2003
    Long...
    He tried 'em all, but his favorite was the "alien" game. He especially liked what he called the "helicopter" which took out the whole row.

-Roll

15. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Awesome! Always nice to hear people enjoying themselves! :)

-T

16. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX

When I said that, I meant a thread talking about the release of the Tivo software fall update.
    I have since found it.

:)