Psyche "Tuesday the 17th" OAD 2/13/2008

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ruexp67, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ruexp67

ruexp67 New Member

Jan 16, 2002

Advertisements

Interesting episode. It was cool to see some of Carlton's backstory, although Justine Bateman has not aged well. :eek:

I also liked the feint with the fake murder at the lake.

I was forced to watch Deep Blue Sea recently, and then to hear it referenced in a show less than a week later made me LOL.

2. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Bateman looked awful... much like this episode. Every good show is allowed one stinker every now and again.

3. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    So this is where the "e" in the Heros thread title went.

4. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    I understand the guys father being killed and him seeking revenge (well not so much understand but acknowledge). But he ended up killing two people who didn't even go to the camp when his father worked there.

Weak episode.

5. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

By agreeing to be part of the murder camp they were making fun of what happened to his father. So even if they weren't there originally, they were still guilty of making fun/profiting from it.

And how about poor Gus? Talk about mixed signals.

6. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    I enjoyed it. Darker, but funny. Except for the Lassie storyline. They either really really wanted a B-plot, or really wanted to keep that actor happy by giving him some lines.

I just noticed it was directed by James Roday (Shawn), which is interesting because I thought his performance was a little subdued. I guess it's hard to direct yourself. Especially if you're used to doing multiple improvisational takes.

"The Garrison Keillor of Lake Tikihama". Good stuff.

7. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    I kept thinking "I bet if I'd ever seen Friday the 13th this would probably be funnier".

8. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    +1. I probably would not have recognized her if I hadn't seen her name go by in the opening credits.

Loved the Rick Astley pinata. :D

Is it me, or are they making it easier to find the pineapple in these episodes? It seemed like I could never spot it and now I've found it easily in the past few episodes this season.

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Most people don't.

This episode wasn't great but was good enough to keep me interested. It was nice to see Lassie be fleshed out some and not be a total clown but that's what he ended up looking like anyway.

10. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    I liked it, but then again I've seen all the slasher flicks referenced :)

11. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Not only did Roday direct it he also wrote it (with Producer Steve Franks).

I thought it was fun, even though I have no affinity at all for slasher pics.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I wonder if this was a product placement deal for the new Friday the 13th movie...

13. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Best part was the clip during the credits of Gus in the canoe when the giant pinata comes out of the water. Great spoof of the classic Friday the 13th scene.

14. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    What bugs me about the Psych-outs lately is that they seem to be going out of their way to film them. There was no scene in the episode that involved Gus in the canoe.

15. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I don't think that was a psych-out though. It was a deliberate parody.

As for some of the others, I suspect they are from scenes that ultimately got cut.

16. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    This.

Again, if you haven't seen the source material, some of the scenes would be lost on you.

17. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Some weird camera angles. Maybe I just think that because I noticed Roday directed it and was looking for signs, though. I kind of liked the long take at the end.

18. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    Yeah, but how could you miss the opportunity to have Rick Roll a canoe.

(not to mention the homage it was)

19. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    I think the fact that it was a Friday the 13th when it aired that might explain the coincidence of a Friday the 13th episode and a Friday the 13th movie at the same time. It's no more suspicious than how there were football storylines in several shows a couple of weeks ago.

20. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    It couldn't have been done solely for the fact that it aired on Friday the 13th.