Psych 2: Lassie Come Home - OAD 7/15/20 on Peacock *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mlsnyc, Jul 15, 2020.

1. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009

Advertisements

The movie is out today on Peacock. I signed up for the free public tier. You supposedly can watch ad-free after sitting through 3 minutes of commercials. Not a bad deal in my book.

No comments or opinions yet as I just started it up and will probably need to pause to watch later tonight. Will come back some point after that.

2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I liked this movie much better than the first one; I don't know whether that is because it is really better or I've just missed the characters. But to me, everyone seemed to relax into their roles in smoothly running comedy machine. I particularly liked it when they hung a lampshade on the pineapple. And the pop-up cat diner was genius!

It still bothers me though, that every time we get an establishing shot of Santa Barbara then immediately jump into scenery that's unmistakably the Pacific Northwest. But I have this problem in a lot of shows these days.

3. mlsnyc

Dec 2, 2009
    Finished it last night. I liked it, it felt like vintage Psych. Loved the office being turned into a popup cat cafe and Henry making money from all the millennials.

PQ on Peacock looks pretty good, too.

4. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Cmon son

5. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina

Advertisements

I loved the movie! Yes, better than the first. The witty, fast-paced dialog is always great. Best was the homage to Roady's new series A Million Little Things including his female co-star being the owner of the cat cafe.

6. mlsnyc

Dec 2, 2009
    That's who that was! I thought she looked familiar.

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I finally got around to watching this. My problem with both the movies is that it seems like Shawn rarely used his talents and definitely not to convince people that he was psychic.

Yes, the first movie had the tarot card scene, but then Buzz had to make the predictions come true. And both movies had a new special effect where he manipulated the words from a board to see something that no one else could...but that's still not very Psych-ish...

8. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    It’s been a long time since I watched the series (I’m binging now), but towards the end of the series I got the idea that everyone had figured out he wasn’t psychic, but found his observational skills to be so good that they kept him around. As a result they wouldn’t need to show his “Psych power” as much. That said I may be misremembering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk