Psych 07/20/2007 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pkscout, Jul 21, 2007.

1. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI

Advertisements

Hmmm, was there a holiday I didn't know about. I'm kind of surprised nobody has started a thread about this or Monk.

Anyway, I liked this episode much more than last week's. Last week seemed like it was built around one line. This week it was funny to see Shaun and Lassiter competing to come up with how the guy died.

The out-takes at the end were very funny too.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Very amusing. Shaun being even more shocked than anybody else when his dinosaur theory turned out to be true was priceless.

But did I miss an explanation for how the paleontologist knew to dig on that particular farm?

3. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    See, that's funny, I thought this one was worse than last week. For one thing, the mystery was obvious way too early for my taste: duh, why else would a guy not want anyone to dig on his farm. Then they have to have Corbin Bernsen "remember" the hit you over the head clue on top of it. Shawn didn't even try to pretend he was a psychic by the end.

The palentologist was "following information about a fossil farm". No explanation why it led there.

4. FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Active Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    Yeah, I agree with MitchO. This episode was a step down from last week's season premiere.

And the guest directors keep coming - this episode was directed by actor/director Tim Matheson.

5. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

I was kinda hoping we could all agree to just forget this episode existed.

:p

6. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    See, that's what I thought about last week's episode. Different tastes for everyone I guess.

7. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I liked this one more than the season premiere.

Back to it's roots, Shaun "seeing" things like the bite marks, the shoes, the unnatached gate hinge,
    and remembering minute details like the tic-tac-toe map with it's single O.
    Then the details with the intervention guy, even convinced a skeptical psychologist of his psychic powers.

He missed a lot of what he shouldn't have, like the bulldozer tracks to the one hole and not the others, the missing tools.

Still not up to par with season one, but still quite watchable.

phox

8. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I didn't see any out-takes at the end, and I watched it through the beginning of whatever was on next.

:confused:

9. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    They're getting back to what Psych was last season. That first episode was so bizarrely bad. They're back to 75% now.

10. Mike Farrington

Mike Farrington Lost Member

Nov 16, 2000
    I caught two outtakes before my TiVo stopped recording. The first was Shaun having fun inside the grade-school dinosaur. The second was the police chief cracking up in the morgue while trying to do lines opposite the dinosaur head.

I'm pretty sure they put the outtakes on the USA network's website.

11. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Jules: "Detective Lassiter is literally on fire."
    Sean: "What kind of fire are we talking about? Michael Jackson in the Pepsi commercial fire? Or misusing the word 'literally' fire?"

12. FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Active Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    :up: :up: :up:

David Cross has a great bit on that on his standup CD Shut Up, You F****** Baby!.

As he says, “When you misuse the word ‘literally,’ you’re f****** it up so bad that you’re using it in the exact opposite way it was intended and you should stop using it forever until you figure it out.”

13. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Now if we could just get people to start saying "figuratively" when they mean "literally" in the wrong way.

14. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    "Uninformed exaggeration makes me cry. Every time I hear some, I literally die."
    When Sean answered Jules, I said "thank you" to the TV. Best line in the episode easily.