Property Ladder SP not working

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Indiana627, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY

Advertisements

I have a SP for Property Ladder new episodes only on TLC channel 280 on my SD-DVR80. For the first month of this season, it recorded every Saturday night at 8:00 like it should, but for the past few weeks it hasn't recorded even though a new episode has been airing each Sat night. So I tried deleting the SP and recreating it but it didn't help. When I recreated it, I went to the guide for this Sat night's airing and set up the new SP from there. Now a few days later, the to do list is showing it will only record the 5:00 Sat episode (which is a repeat of last Sat's) but it is not going to record the 8:00 new episode (I checked the more info screen and it lists the OAD as 9/1/07). I then went to view upcoming episodes and it does not even list the 8:00 episode as an upcoming episode.

Something is definitely screwed up with the guide data for this show. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think it's specific to this Tivo as I'm also having the same problem on my HR20. Any suggestions?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Any hints on the Recording History screen?

3. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    On the HR20 I get 'this program was not recorded because it was no longer available.' I'll check the Tivo tonight, but I think it gives its version of that same message (I'm not sure of exact wording).

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    My guess is that the guide data has gotten messed up a little. Usually a simple reboot/restart will cause the unit to re-index the data.

5. 5&counting

5&counting New Member

Aug 19, 2007

Advertisements

I have the same issue...I also have a lot of things that won't record due to it being in the program guide again within 28 days. My guess is with that, is because we have a lot stored that really needs to be deleted.

6. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    My problem had nothing to do with the 28 day rule. My SP wasn't seeing the episodes at all. Last night I canceled the SP and then recreated it using the 9/1 8PM airing. Now that episode and the 9/8 8PM episode are showing up in the to do list, so I guess all is well.

I also did the same thing on my HR20 with the same results. Must have been some bad guide data for that show for awhile.