prompt to add extra time for live event now missing from wishlist

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ll3385, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ll3385

ll3385 New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    I have a Tivo premiere and record lots of sports. Now, if I go through my Wishlist to record, the prompt to pad with extra time doesn't come up. I have to go to "recording options", then click through all the times, starting with one minute, blah blah, until I get to one hour, then exit out, etc. It now takes 25 clicks to record a single basketball game. If I go directly through the guide to record, the prompt comes up as usual. But, obviously, I do not want to record from the guide. This happened when my software was updated on 3-28-16. I called Tivo, they confirmed the problem, and say that the software update was from 20.5.6 RC21 to version 20.5.9 RC15. They don't know if this was an intentional change. It's driving me insane.

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Just to be clear, this is a manual WL where you pick the shows to record? And not an ARWL?

If so, that sucks. Hopefully they get it tweaked back on the next fix.

3. ll3385

ll3385 New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Yes, it's a manual WL. I don't like the ARWL for sports b/c the games are on multiple channels and I just want to set up exactly what I want. I still haven't received a reply from Tivo about whether or not they plan to fix this. I just set up my next three A's games to record and quit counting after 75 clicks. Yuck.