Promise DVR allows users to record 10,000 programs Read more: Promise DVR allows use

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Johncv, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
  2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I like the idea but this seems like a very inefficient way of doing things. Recording every channel all the time? I hope they have a decent user interface because it must not be easy to navigate through all of those recordings.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Gee, and won't that 19" rack mount look classy in your LR or home theater! :p

4. SC0TLANDF0REVER

SC0TLANDF0REVER I Love my TiVo!

Dec 9, 2001
    Raleigh, NC
    Wow - I remember hearing about this several years ago. So long ago I had forgotten about it. That's a lot of moola!

5. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...

Advertisements

Ain't that wonderful. 10,000 recordings and only a couple dozen or so worth watching.:rolleyes:

6. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Actually not a bad deal if you are rich, just 3 grand???

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    With the Premiere Elite being $1K with lifetime, this doesn't seem THAT outrageous.

I would LOVE something like this... (The description says you can save programs to not be deleted, otherwise it's a circular buffer..)

So basically, always record all of primetime (and other hours I care about).. Then afterwards, pull out the specific shows I care about (e.g. with something like a list of season passes, ordered by priority -- though priority would theoretically be less important here)..

So then I wouldn't ever have to care about # of tuners or overlapping (mark every show to have 10 minutes pre & post pad...)

8. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    Is that article written in the UK? Is that Euro $? If it is then it's would be a lot more after the conversion to US currency.

9. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    There's no such thing as a "Euro $". The Euro symbol is €.

10. rmcurtis

rmcurtis Member

May 26, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    And anyway, the UK doesn't use the €. They use the pound, £.

11. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    Sorry, plead ignorance.

12. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Systems like this is how The Daily Show and Colbert Report can always catch the stupid things our politicians do in the US. They use a system similar to this with built in closed captioning indexing.

Makes creating montages where republicans say "job creators" over and over pretty easy. :)

13. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Have you ever had someone say, "did you see that show last night"? And you think no, Tivo wasn't set to record that show. Now you can go home and watch it for yourself.

Same with sports, nothing like watching the Bronco's to hear the Cowboys had a great must see game. Now you can see it even though you know who won.

Now is that worth $3K?

14. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    It can't record something that can't be received. Two tuners are enough to record every NFL game you can get unless you have NFL Sunday ticket, which is DirecTV only.

Personally, the only thing worse than watching the Broncos lose is watching the Cowboys win.