Project Runway: All-Stars

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by paracelsus, Jan 13, 2012.

1. paracelsus

paracelsus Member

Jun 23, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    Anyone watching?

I'm enjoying it so far and agree with the judges on the winners and eliminated players to date... Although, I wish Mondo had made it into the top looks for the opera challenge - I thought his entry looked very cool and innovative!

I really miss Tim Gunn :(, but am enjoying the new judges.

2. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I'm watching but I have only seen the first episode so far. Hopefully I will catch episode 2 before 3 airs.

Some of my favorites are back. I like the new Tim Gunn whatever her name is. She is a no-nonsense critic!

Just how does one surprise themselves?

3. lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Gosh darn it!! Didn't realize this was already airing. Why didn't my old season pass pick it up? Grrrrr.....

4. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    ahhhhhhhhh me too! hopefully they are doing re-runs

5. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I miss Tim terribly, Heidi and Nina a lot, and Michael Korrs not at all.
    Aside from that I am quite happy.
    There is a good assortment of designers that I love (Mondo, Austin, Rami, although not all loved for their design aesthetic), people I dislike (SweetP, Mila, April), and those I consider expendable, yet valuable as comic relief (Anthony, Kenley, Michael C).

I don't have my rooting preferences completely sorted out as I enjoy many of my favorites because of personality issues and not their designs but it looks to be a good season.

6. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Me too!! When is it on? ARGH!!

7. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I miss Tim the most of all, his replacement although highly qualified doesn't connect with the contestants. Where have they been hiding Georgina..wowza can't keep my eyes off her.

paracelsus - If you'd like I think this can serve as the season thread if you send a request to the mod to change your title

betts - It airs Thursdays..episode 2 was last night. Haven't checked on repeats but those probably on the weekends.

8. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    happy to say the first 2 episodes are airing right before the new one next thurs at 7, 8 and 9 (new).

9. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Yeah. I miss Tim.

And I don't care for Austin, but that was a killer dress.

10. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Why are none of the regulars on the show? Have they all jumped ship on the franchise, or is all stars different somehow?

11. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I'm guessing All Stars is different somehow.

12. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    +1 to all of this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Tim said it was a scheduling conflict, end of Season 9 overlapping All-Stars. Other people say they could've made it work but Tim-Heidi couldn't get an agreement on the money side.

14. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Great to see Rami-licious :D;) and Mondo of course-I still think that I fell asleep and had a bad dream that Gretchen won ! :p:mad:

Love Anthony, love Austin, would like to see Jerrell get some redemption....:eek:

Always thought Kenley was a big baby, will be interesting to see what she does..:rolleyes:

Tough, tough competition, will be great to watch. I miss Tim, Heidi, and Michael Kors-he's such a b*tch! :D

15. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I see I am not alone on this...

16. lpamelaa

lpamelaa Member

May 3, 2004
    Los Angles, CA
    I'm OK with new judges since it adds a new element for the competitors. They've already been judged by Heidi, Michael and Nina and would know how to impress them. But I miss TIM!

17. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    That's a good point.

I don't really miss the judges, but I hate not having Tim.

ETA: Of course, I'd be pretty happy if all shows had more Tim Gunn. :D

18. paracelsus

paracelsus Member

Jun 23, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    Sounds like Tim Gunn is going to be a regular on the new daytime show The Revolution (ABC, 2 pm ET, starting Jan 16th).

"The Revolution is ABC Daytime’s new one-hour daily talk show from Times Square Studios that will revolutionize the lives of viewers from the inside out. The show features a stellar “dream team” of experts that will help complete transformations in all areas of life including body, health, style, mind and environment.

The Revolution will provide life changing tips and essential tools to motivate viewers and serve as a catalyst for change. Featuring design expert Ty Pennington; style guru Tim Gunn; celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak; OB-GYN Dr. Jennifer Ashton; and therapist Dr. Tiffanie Davis Henry; The Revolution is your daily boost, whether you are looking for inspiration to accomplish little victories or in need of a road map for a major change. Additionally, each week, the series will highlight one woman’s personal journey over the course of five months."

19. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I have to laugh. Every time they start talking about the celebrity who is going to be there, the designers are like "who, Madonna? Lady Gaga?"

Yeah. You are aware you're on a basic cable show, right? :D

20. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I caught up on the first 2 episodes and even though I have watched PR since day 1, I still found myself trying to remember who more than half of the "All-Stars" were.
    [they should have shown some highlight footage of them from their seasons if you ask me!].

Still enjoyable but as everyone else has said I miss Tim and also personally miss Heidi - the new judges are OK and are growing on me. The new mentor? Yech. She was a guest judge last season on the regular PR and I recall thinking she was obnoxiously full of herself, arrogant and mean-spirited - - - so to see her now trying to mentor and be friendly is just completely out of place.

I really liked Sweet Pea the season she was on but these first 2 episodes were terrible.

I always liked Mondo and his designs are some of the best (I agree whoever said he should have been in the top for the opera gown challenge) - - - but I do think he is just dressing weird for the sake of being weird now.

Some of the others - someone please gag Michael Costello immediately. Tremendously annoying.