Project Runway - 9.13.06 Spoilers!!!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Artfreak, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Artfreak

Artfreak New Member

May 19, 2005

Advertisements

The only thing better than seeing Vincent go home last week was seeing him go home this week. --"I make beautiful music. I've made beautiful music the entire time I was here and I'll continue to make beautiful music."

Barf.

And I wish they would TELL Uli to do something else! Or have they? Maybe I missed that. I liked her dress, but it wasn't dressy enough for a cocktail party, imo.

Michael: Sorry - I didn't see the genius in his dress at all this week. I usually like him, but I could've made that in eighth grade.

Angela: That was almost as ugly as Jeffrey's "dress".

Jeffrey: See Angela.

Kayne: Poor little Kayne, shot himself in the foot kind of. Again, this dress could be made by any jr. high schooler. Except for the detail in the back - which I liked before he threw the white in there as a save.

Laura: I'm glad her efforts paid off for this challenge. I didn't see a HUGE stretch for her, but it seemed to be the most realistic dress on the runway this week that one would wear to a cocktail party.

2. Bill Reeves

Bill Reeves Lurker

Jul 17, 2002
    San Carlos, CA
    His music may be beautiful, but his clothes aren't. Too bad for him this is a show about clothes.

Jeffrey's outfit this week looked like the high school tramp's prom dress. I haven't seen anything that trampy since hoboes went out of style.

3. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I wouldn't expect 'genius' from any of them under these circumstances. There were too many constraints, including the 'must use every scrap' dictum. Maybe Santino wouldn't have had any problem with this rule ;) but for most of the other designers on this show, that's a real headache.

Michael does deserve a :up: because the whole look was good. Note how they praised the hair, the shoes, the accessories. The proportions of the dress were good (as you can see from Vincent's debacle, this is not the easiest thing to achieve, especially with the 'use all fabric' rule in play). Yes, the dress was simple, but the simpler a dress is, the more the basic draping has to be right.

It was a great presentation.

I was praying for them to send Jeffrey home. Oh, well.

Jan

4. lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    When they came out with the rule that Angela or Vincent had to win the challenge to stay, I stopped worrying. I really didn't like them bringing back old contestants. Hope they don't do it again.

Next week I think either Uli or Jeff will go. Please let it be Jeff, please please please. They both are doing the same style over and over again. Just like Laura in this challenge, they need to show some flexibility. Again, please please please let it be Jeff stubbing his toe next week.

lal

5. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...

Advertisements

Jeffrey's dress made his model look like a 13 year old prostitute from the 80's.

6. JasonTX

JasonTX New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Maybe next season they should let the viewers vote someone back in halfway thru -- from the result of the poll we would have got Allison back (barring Angela or Vincent beating her -- which would be a stretch).

7. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I kept waiting for Heidi to say, "Jeffrey, your model looks like a hooker." Ugh. That was really horrible.

I'm glad Laura did something different, and she deserved the win. I wonder if she is always so weepy and emotional when she encounters a setback, or if it's the stress of competition, or if pregnancy hormones are playing a role here.

I wish we'd gotten to see Alison again instead of Angela or Vincent.

8. Stylin

Stylin Stylish Jane Sixpack

Dec 31, 2004
    NYC
    I still can't believe that Andrea went from the "Hepburn" dress to all the other junk she's created. I now think that dress was a big fluke...
    Vincent - don't think he should have ever been there to begin with...

I'm a big fan of Uli's stuff, but really wish she'd show some versatility in the competition. I loved her couture gown and thought she may be starting to branch out some more, but alas, not so.

Michael is my fav person also, but I wasn't too impressed by the dress, simply b/c I've seen it before and didn't find it very creative. But after reading murgatroyd's post I now understand the praise.

I liked Laura's dress, tho I think she could've been more creative with the sleeves...

I sooooo wish they would get rid of that pompous a$$ Jeffrey. His attitude and demeanor annoy me so much that I find it hard to look at his designs objectively. Even Vincent's (who annoys me also) stuff starts to look better to me 'cuz I can't be objective.

I'll miss Kayne for the gawdiness - there was something slightly appealing about it.

Go Michael Go!!

9. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Uli either is not paying attention to what the judges are telling her, or she really is just totally one-dimensional as a designer. How many times have they told her to do something different than a hippie beach type of dress? Each of the last 4 or 5 challenges? Yet each time she confidently announces she's going to do it again. I guess it's working -- she hasn't shown any variety but on the other hand she is good at what she does so she hasn't been booted yet -- but I just don't know how long she can keep it up. And what would she do at fashion week? 12 hippie dresses in different prints? Please show us some range Uli!

10. WVgirl

WVgirl New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    South Carolina
    I was sad to see Kayne go, at least he made something different everytime unlike Uli or Jeff. Don't get me wrong Uli is OK but show us another fabric PLEASE. I liked Michael's dress much better than Laura's. Jeff, yes we know you design for rock stars get over it.

The Vincent and Angela thing was so stupid. They only brought those two back because they knew it wouldn't really matter. I loved that Laura told Angela she shouldn't be there b/c her win was a group win. I agreed.

11. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    I knew that they weren't going to cut Jeffrey yet (or probably, ever) even though his dress was horrifyingly prostitute garb, but it seems that they just keep making excuses for his stuff, saying that it would be "rock". I'm sorry, but you can excuse anything by calling it "rock" and Jeffrey should have been out based on this past challenge. It was terrible!

Angela and Vincent: Icky Vincent! Don't you know better than to break up a woman right at the center? So not flattering! I agree that it would have been better if it had been longer...would have made the contrasting pieces not so balanced, which I think was the biggest problem. Angela's high collar bolero jacket was hideous! No problem seeing them go. I just about got sick listening to Vincent praising himself again. He obviously sees things in a different light than everyone else on this planet.

Michael: I was really expecting something fantastic and creative from him based on past performance as well as his sketch, but I think it fell short of what I'd hoped it would be. It was still very well put together as an entire look though. He does get that right every time!

Uli: I thought this one was a little more fun than her past beach dresses, but still had the Uli-hippy vibe. If it had been from another designer I would have been more impressed by it 'cuz it really was a cute dress (loved the sleeves), but coming from Uli who has done the same thing over and over again...it just fell flat.

Laura: I was so worried about her with her hormones. She's got to be so emotionally and physically exhausted and I really wasn't sure she'd continue this long. I'm glad that she won a competition, but I wish she'd done something different with those sleeves. Ick. I liked the fun little things at the bottom of the dress though. They really made the whole dress!

Kayne: I didn't hate his dress, and liked that the front and back were so different from each other. I wish he'd made the white in the back more finished...I think the back could have been spectacular and loved how creative that part was! He'll be missed.

My top 3 picks: Michael, Laura, and unfortunately I think it'll be Jeffrey.
    I think barring a big screw-up next week, the judges are finally going to say "enough repetition...too many chances to make ANYTHING else, chances are now over". Granted, Jeffrey repeats his style too, as does Laura most of the time, but Uli is very pigeonholed into one look for everything. I can't wait for next week to watch again. I absolutely LOVE this show!!!

12. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Well, if they bring people back as assistants (as they did at the end of S2) then we may see Alison again.

The weepiness could be hormones, but I think the exhaustion is a big part of it. They are working awfully long days, and probably not getting enough sleep for ordinary people, and Laura's pregnant on top of that.

If you're that wiped out, it's easy to cry just because of some little thing.

Jan

13. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    Phew!! I was not happy to see those two come back through the door, and I was momentarily frightened that we might actually lose 2 of the actual final 5. As the show went on, and we got to see Angela's Dracula collar and Vincent's... (well, I was never really worried about Vincent) it was pretty clear that those 2 were gone and the show would continue as it should. Kayne was my choice to leave before this episode, and he didn't really do anything to outstanding to warrant keeping him. I'm fine with that, and I expect Uli to go next.

I think the Bravo screwed up, though. Alison HAD to have won a challenge before she left, she HAD to have. Right? Anyone? I understand the rules, but what a letdown to have those 2 be the ones given a shot to come back into the game. Give Milan a shot!! We didn't get to see nearly enough of him!

As long as Michael makes the final 3, I will not be upset by whoever goes next week. I hope, and expect, it to be Michael, Laura, Jefferey.

Here's a link on the model that got injured. I had read about it in a spoiler before, but the show didn't really say much about what happened:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/438733p-369608c.html

14. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    I thought it odd that they gave Vincent a model who wasn't the same size as his original model...it wouldn't have made a difference in the end result, but in all fairness, I would think they would have tried to make it less of a hardship at that point (after measuring and designing for her, etc).

15. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I suspect they had a tight timeframe to find Vincent a new model, and had to get the one who was available on such short notice. They had two fittings during the challenge, a preliminary fitting on the first day, and the final fitting before the runway show. Was Jia at the fitting on Day 1? If so, her accident must have happened in between the trial-fitting and the morning of the runway show on Day 2.

Edited to add: for those who don't want spoilers, the article quoted above says
    Jan

16. Stylin

Stylin Stylish Jane Sixpack

Dec 31, 2004
    NYC
    I'm a little confused since Tivo cut off the last minute of the show that gives previews for next week and I saw Heidi on The View speaking about how the contestants are being given 3 weeks off - Can someone pls explain?

The final 4 designers showed their collection today at Fashion Week. 3 collections are being judged but they included all 4 as not to reveal who did not make the final 3.
    SPOILER ALERT!!!
    Some pics:
    http://dlisted.blogspot.com/2006/09/who-will-win-project-runway.html
    http://editorial.gettyimages.com/ms_gins/source/home/home.aspx?pg=1 , type project runway in search field...

Speculated series SPOILER:
    Some1 said in a blog that Micheal is eliminated next, therefore he is the decoy in the fashion show collection. Further proof is supposed to be that he didn't use Nazri in his runway show...Hmmm

How do I highlight it in white, so it can't be seen?

17. Artfreak

Artfreak New Member

May 19, 2005
    Darn! Why did I click on those links? The collections from all of them look great, imo!

I didn't get to watch the first season, but I'm curious if anyone knows if there's ever been a bridal challenge? Not to make a WAAAY elaborate bridal gown, but it would be cool to see what the designers would come up with in two-three days...Maybe as one of their first few challenges?

Or at least a challenge addressing bridal party wear. Good God, I have so many hideous dresses I have worn in people's weddings in my closet right now!

Anyway, I'd love to see it done.

18. Ntombi

Ntombi New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Bostonian...
    They did have a bridal gown challenge in the first season, with the models acting as the clients, unfortunately. One of the models had hideous taste, and another wanted to look like some sort of a cross between a barbie doll bride and a Disney bride, so the designer went that way to make the client happy, but it looked like something you could have bought at David's Bridals' $99 sale. Ugh.

Anyway, they did it, but IIRC, the designers either went too far in pleasing the "client," so the dress didn't have their point of view, or the models weren't happy. Either way, it wasn't the most sucessful challenge.

Also, don't forget that this was the first season, and the designers weren't as talented as these are.

Here's my response to the last few weeks: WHEN WILL JEFFREY GO HOME??!!??

19. Artfreak

Artfreak New Member

May 19, 2005
    Ahhh...Thanks for the info Ntombi! I wonder if it would've been successful if they would've left the model's opinions out of it. I mean, I understand designers would cater to a real client, but for runway purposes, to be able to see the vision of the designer, it maybe would've been easier. I doubt Vera Wang consults her clients for runway design, you know?

Jeffrey reminds me of one of those Garbage Pail Kids.