Project Blue Book (History) **spoilers**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Jan 9, 2019.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I expected this show to be a documentary type show in the Ancient Aliens vein. I didn't think it would be a historical drama series but was pleasantly surprised. I also thought it would be low budget and full of actors I've never seen before but right from the beginning, I was thinking "I know that guy (Neal McDonough as Gen. Harding) and I know that guy, too (Aidan Gillen as Dr. Hynek)." Ksenia Solo from Lost Girl is in it too.

I thought it was pretty good and the One Pass is set. Thank God it isn't some version of a reality show.

Project Blue Book Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I remember the original one.

When I first caught an ad for this on some cable channel (may not have been on History), I said to myself .. "What is this? a Project Blue Book reboot?". Yup.. That's what it was

3. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    I liked it, thought it was good.

Can someone help me understand the scene where the college professor's car gets hit and he follows a person into a amusement park where there's a film running of someone counting? I missed something, not sure of the significance of that scene or what it was.

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I was hoping someone in here would explain it to me too.

5. obixman

obixman Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Houston
    I think it's a reference to the sortwave number stations, which are still unexplained (although thought to be communication to spys) and which are still of unknown locations.

LlamaLarry and worachj like this.
  6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    In the context of the show...it's a mystery. You're not supposed to know what's going on. Yet.

worachj likes this.
  7. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I love Aidan Gillan. When I tried to watch the first time I was having a hard time with it and stopped after the first half - but liking it more on a second try.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  8. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    My Ksenia Solo wishlist picked this up. History channel dramas tend to be good. Vikings, The Men Who Built America (Rockefeller, Carnegie, JP Morgan, etc), come to mind. So I'll watch this.