Programming schedule not updating

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by right hard turnMartin, Sep 7, 2020.

1. right hard turnMartin

right hard turnMartin New Member

Sep 7, 2020

Advertisements

I have a series 4 XL (2 channel) box. I use a Spectrum Cable Card (Time Warner card). I am the original owner and this is the original card. Lately (4-5 months) I have noticed that my programming schedule data is not always available for all my channels more than a few days out. Today I got a message from TIVO warning that I had only three days of programming left and to reconnect to TIVO to update my schedule data. I did it but no change in scheduling data occurred. I checked and my box does communicate nightly. I believe is a problem with my cable card and or spectrum account data. But I don't know if this is true and if it is a Spectrum problem where would I point them too? If not what do I do with regards with TIVO help? thanks, Martin

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The Tivo guide is independent from the cable (or OTA) sources.

3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    it isn't a cablecard or spectrum account issue. it most likely is a network issue, or possibly hardware - i'd recommend troubleshooting your network first. when you check your service connections, have there been any errors? have you watched a connection as it progresses to see if it completes successfully?

my pxl with comcast currently has a complete guide until 9/18 7pm . check the online guide for your zip code to see if guide data is correct: http://online.tivo.com/start/guide

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    There's a good size pile of recent threads with this problem.

I'd advise that you pretty much wait for it to resolve itself as the Premiere's have been plagued with an issue of 'bricking' themselves if you fuss with them over this issue.

Check around for other threads and see if anything looks familiar.

-KP

Teeps likes this.
  5. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...

Advertisements

Agree, eventually the data does update.
    But it's aggravating when stuff that should record does not record; or something else records, instead of what should record.

6. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I haven't seen that posted...link?

-KP

7. right hard turnMartin

right hard turnMartin New Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Yea it down loads from TIVO, my thought was that the data TIVO downloads come from my imputed Spectrum profile and that it may have changed as part of an ongoing transition from Time Warner to Spectrum causing the TIVO data source to be corrupted. But that was just a guess! Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?