Programming harmony one with 2 tivos in room

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by caddyroger, Jun 6, 2011.

1. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I have a s3 and a premiere in my living room. I had the remote setup ok but some happen and now It controls both. I know how to set the tivo to different codes but for got how to do the harmony remote. Could some one help out with this or tell of a web site.

2. wbertram

wbertram Member

Jun 14, 2002
    I entered two devices into the Harmony. in your case they could be TIVO S3, and TIVO PREMIER. I called them TIVO1 and TIVO2. Obviously, TiVo1 is set to use code 1, and Tivo 2 is set to use code 2. The code options are in the Harmony list of TiVo commands, at least the list for the YiVo Premier.

3. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Yes mine is called TiVo 1 and TiVo 2. On my harmony remote software I do not see where you can set the code. Are you talking about where learn each command by using the original remote.

4. wbertram

wbertram Member

Jun 14, 2002
    I have a Harmony 880, and this is what works for that.
    Both of my TiVos are Premiers. I use TCD 746320 as the TiVo device code from the selection of Harmony PVR devices. I don't know if Harmony setup for the TiVo S3 works the same as for the Premier. If not, you could see if the Premier setup will work for the S3.

With all that said, here is the procedure:

Under Devices, select one of the TiVos
    Select TROUBLESHOOT
    Click on NEXT
    Select CANCEL
    Select "TiVo is not responding to any commands sent by the remote"
    Select NEXT
    Select "I have a remote, but would like to select from a list of command sets my device supports"
    Select NEXT
    For Command 1, Select "Set 28727"
    For Command 2, Select "Set 28729"
    Select NEXT
    Back out of the menus and update the Harmony remote.

I hope this works for you! I originally found this on, I believe, the TiVo web site. Or maybe it was in the HELP/FAQ section of the Harmony application. At least, it was somewhere on the internet. Anyway, if you can find that site, it may have more info re setting up for the S3.

5. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Thanks

6. pmiranda

pmiranda Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    THANK YOU!

This should be a sticky. It's the only way I got my Harmony 700 to work with two TiVo's.