Programming for Sony Remote RM-VL600

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bananana5, Oct 17, 2010.

1. bananana5

bananana5 New Member

May 2, 2007
    East Coast...

Advertisements

We have so many of the Tivo peanut remotes and they all have worn out. We now have two HD Tivos connected to one HDTV. I bought a Sony Remote RM-VL600 programmable remote but I don't know which button to use for the Tivo button and which to use for the DVR 1-2 button (to switch from our Left Tivo to our Right Tivo). I have called Sony but no one there can help me. They say it can be used for Tivo but they don't have a clue what a "Tivo" button means. I've tried calling at several different times of the day and night but I think I'm always connected to a foreign country. Does anyone have any idea what to do about this? I am really tired of having to buy Tivo peanut remotes for the Tivo and then having to keep our TV remote handy for TV, and then another remote for when we watch a DVD. I tried the Harmony 890 but could never get it programmed. It is sitting in a drawer. Maybe I will sell it on Ebay someday.:D

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    It has a code for TiVo which is 3202 (Phillips under DVR), but not sure what it might map to the TiVo button. It's supposed to be a learning remote so I would have pick a button to have it learn the code.

I think you are going to have a bigger problem if your 2 TiVo's are in the same location and assigned them different remote codes as I doubt this remote supports different remote codes.

Scott