Programming Favorite Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by grtfalls77, Oct 4, 2011.

1. grtfalls77

grtfalls77 New Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Virginia
    Is there a way to program favorite channels while watching those channels? I had cable installed and now have hundreds of channels which I've never heard of. When I go to the Channel List menu, I have no idea how I am going to choose these favorites.

I wish there were a way to give a channel a "thumbs-up" while I watching it to make it a part of my favorites list. For a few weeks, I'd like to leave the Channel Filter turned off for a few weeks and be able to "favorite" a channel while watching it. After a few weeks of picking favorite channels I think I'd be ready turn the filter on. But I really don't want to use a menu to set this.

Is there a way to do this?

2. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Unfortunately, no. This is one feature I have requested numerous times, but instead one must go to the channels list and select each entry as received, not received, or favorite, with no really good way to know what is what. One can hit <Live TV>, but that does not in general take one to the channel one is considering. One must change to the channel in question, scrutinize it (this is the only time I ever use a guide) and then jump back to the channels list. Unfortunately, rather than being taken back to the spot in the guide where one left off, one will be dumped back at the beginning of the guide.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    One hint to help with this that I learned through this board.

Start on the channel list- then hit the guide or live tv, which will take you to live TV where you can check out what the channel is about . Then, you can go back to the channel list by hitting the left side of the main control circle.

Still a pain, but it lets you go back and forth a little more readily.

4. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    That's exactly what I said in my post above. Pressing <Live TV> should take one to the channel highlighted by the user in the Channels list, but instead it takes one to whatever channel is on the "Live" tuner. One must remember the channel number from the list one has just quitted. Then, when one jumps back to the Channels list, one is dumped back at the first channel in the lineup, instead of back were one left the channel lineup. It's a pain.