Program was not recorded - internal error 34

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by alfredojahn, Mar 30, 2009.

1. alfredojahn

alfredojahn TiVoAddict

Oct 26, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I have a hacked DirecTivo 2. One of my satellite inputs is pixalized. If I switch inputs, it follows the cable, so I've decided it is not the TiVo. I plan to get this fixed in the near future, but for the time being, I've configured the TiVo to only use on satellite input. Tonight, I had 3 season passes set. On one channel I had a show set to record at 7:00 PM, and the next one at 7:30 PM. At 8:00 PM I had "24" set to record (on a different channel). A few minutes after 8, I turned on the TV and noticed it was still on the first channel (where the first 2 shows were on). I quickly switched to FOX and 24 was already started. I went to the ToDo list and looked in history and found 24. It said:

This program was not recorded because the TiVo DVR had an internal
    error. 34.

Any ideas?

The guy that hacked my TiVo for me set it up to always record a few minutes before and after. Could that be causing a problem, since I only have on satellite configured now? I would figure that wouldn't be in affect if only one input is set.

I also noticed that the 7:00 PM show was set to end 2 minutes later. When I went in and changed it to 0 minutes (while it was recording), it stopped recording, but did not start recording the 7:30 PM show, I had to push the record button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY