Program Guide Questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Princeton, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Princeton

Princeton New Member

Jun 30, 2002

Advertisements

After I ran guided setup, TiVo recognized many digital chanels (e.g. 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 7.1, etc.)

These channels are digital (720p) versions of their analog counterparts. These channels do not have programs associated with them, although they carry the same content as their analog counterparts.

How can I use "Find programs" to be able to record or use a Season Pass with these stations? If I record by time/date - I will not know what I recorded.

2. TexasAg

TexasAg New Member

Apr 2, 2006
  3. Princeton

Princeton New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm using cable - with cablecards.

4. durbin

durbin New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Do you also have an antenna connected? Those look like digital sub channels. If so, your guide will get guide data for those.

5. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area

Advertisements

With CableCards, you should not see 4.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc unless you indicated during guided setup that you were using an antenna.

If you are not using an antenna, you should run guided setup again and select [only] cable. If you are using an antenna, then re-run guided setup and choose "antenna and cable" so you will get program information on those channels.

6. Princeton

Princeton New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    I have only cable connected. I get the "digital" channels (4.1, 5.1, etc.) through the cable - even after guided setup is rerun.

7. TexasAg

TexasAg New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    This is pretty weird. I've never heard of anyone else getting the 4-1, 5-1, etc. channels through cable only.

When you ran Guided Setup, did you tell it to use just cable or cable+antenna?

8. Princeton

Princeton New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    I told TiVo that the only connection was cable - and it is. TiVo recognized around 290 channels between 1 - 100. All I want to do is to be able to display program listings so that I can select to record, season pass, etc.

9. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Just curious, what is your provider and zip code so the rest of us can check Zap2It?

10. Princeton

Princeton New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Patriot Media

11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

This sounds exactly like the situation for us without cablecards. Are you SURE your Tivo is set up properly for cable cards and they're working?

12. sathead

sathead Member

Jan 12, 2008
    I had the same situation before I re-ran the guided setup after my cable cards got installed.

When I first got the TiVoHD, I connected it to my cable, did the guided setup and I got the std channels with guide data... and the digital channels like 2.1, 4.1, 4.2, etc without guide data.

After the cable guy came a week later and installed the 2 cable cards, I still saw the digital channels like 2.1, 4.1, 4.2 ,etc without guide data. As a last resort, I did the "reset everything" command and went through the "guided setup" again- but this time with the cable cards installed. Bingo.... got the correct mapping (my HD channels are mapped to the 700 range) and the 2.1, 4.1, 4.2, etc... stuff was now gone.

13. Princeton

Princeton New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    I don't want the 2.1, 4.1, 5.1 etc. gone. What I want is the rogram guide for these channels. They are superior to 2, 4, 5, etc.

14. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    If you really have cablecards installed and functioning properly, just rerun Guided Setup. You will not lose the hd channels 2.1, 4.1, etc. They will be remapped to the proper cable channel and you will have guide data.

15. flc

flc New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Huntersville...
    Sounds like a channel scan you ran, not a rerun of the guided setup, they are completely different

16. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You can't run a channel scan with cablecards installed. Are you sure you have the cable inserted into the cable outlet and not the antenna outlet?

17. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    All indications are that you are not using the cablecards, whether through setup problems or malfunction. What happens when you try the cablecard diagnostics a couple of menus under "Settings"?

18. Princeton

Princeton New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    The Cable is correctly inserted into "Cable". The cable cards show that they are locked and getting signal. TiVo finds the digital station variants.