Program guide omissions and mistakes have reached the point of SMH status

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JackStraw, Aug 25, 2020.

1. JackStraw

JackStraw Member

Oct 22, 2002

Advertisements

I live in South Jersey and the program guide is basically worthless for sporting events. I understand with teams like the Phillies that have had COVID issues but they can't even list games correctly when there has been no changes and the starting times are the same since the beginning of season. Yesterday when flipping through I saw a classic. The Joe Girardi Show on the Yes Network. The description referred to Joe discussing the Yankees. He hasn't managed the Yankees in three years. Does anybody work in the update department. What's next The Honeymooners on the Dumont Network. Maybe list Bonanza on NBC on Sunday Night at 9pm.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    SMH?

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    If wondering about the meaning of the acronym, it’s “Shaking My Head.”

If opining that “SMH” may be understating the state of things, I’d concur.

4. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    Psst, don’t tell dianebrat ... she’ll accuse you of self-promotion for complaining about Rovi.

V7Goose likes this.
  5. JackStraw

JackStraw Member

Oct 22, 2002

Advertisements

I have given up on the NBA and NHL playoffs. I just check the league websites and set up manual recordings. The TIVO programming updates aren't worth the paper they are printed on. I tried to find tonight's Flyers/Islanders game and NBCSN had Tour de France. If someone actually took the time late in the evening before the updates are sent to fix the program guide this wouldn't happen.