Program Bolt Controller For Surround Sound Receiver

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by RTNDO128, Dec 2, 2016.

1. RTNDO128

RTNDO128 New Member

Dec 2, 2016

Advertisements

Hello,

I got my Bolt hooked up yesterday, and so far so good! The Bolt is connected to my Yamaha surround sound receiver via HDMI, which then passes the video signal to my TV via HDMI. I was able to program the Bolt controller to turn my TV on and off, as well as programming the Bolt controller to adjust the volume and mute for my surround sound receiver.

When I use the Bolt controller to turn off my TV, my surround sound remains on. So, the audio continues to come through from the program I was watching until I use the Yamaha remote to turn the receiver off.

Is there any way to program the Tivo remote to turn off my Yamaha receiver when I use it to turn off my TV? From reading on here, it appears that this was possible on older DVRs/remotes, but I have been unable to get it working on my Bolt remote.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    What model? I use an RX-V867 and code 1028 gives me volume and mute. There is no code for power except for televisions. You may want to look at universal remotes.

3. RTNDO128

RTNDO128 New Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I own an RX-V381. The volume and mute work on the TiVo remote no problem, but I was hoping I could power the receiver off with it too.

4. cybergrimes

cybergrimes Legend

Jun 14, 2015
    Minnesota
    Can you program the receiver to recognize TV remote power code? That's what I do with my Yamaha SRT-1000, programmed it to recognize TV power then programmed the TiVo also for TV power too. Now a single power press on TiVo remote turns off both.