Productivity of TiVo Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by chashd, Aug 30, 2020.

1. chashd

chashd New Member

Nov 25, 2006

Advertisements

I got the Bolt when it first came out, and of course everything was snappy. Guides, channel selection, app integration, etc.. It even worked well when the new interface was introduced.
    Now it seems like hardly a day goes by when there isn't an issue. Here is some of what I have experienced in the last year.
    1. Hulu/Amazon apps randomly don't work. I get a playback issue. I reboot and it works. Not sure why I have to constantly do this.
    2. Delay (about 5 sec)when playing a recorded show. I know there are added commercials sometimes that cause a delay, but the delay is there even when the commercials aren't played.
    3. Constant TV to Tivo handshake problems. Nothing displayed on the screen. Taking out the HDMI cable and putting it back in doesn't fix it. I have to reboot. This happens a couple times a month.

What happened to Tivo? I wish I could go back to when there rarely problems on software.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Most people are not experiencing those problems obviously.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Try calling and opting out of the pre-roll ads to eliminate this delay.

Scott

4. chashd

chashd New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Yeah the Hulu thing is the thing I don’t understand. Why does it work for everyone else, yet I need to reboot everyday for it to work

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA

Advertisements

Hard to say but I've never ever bothered to use Hulu on my Bolt+. I don't subscribe to Amazon Prime so I don't use it there either. I've sometimes turned it on for a month or two to watch certain shows (e.g. The Expanse once Amazon Prime bought it, Man in the High Castle).

Bolt+ wouldn't be my device of choice for YouTube nor Netflix either...

I have Chromecast, Apple TV 4K and an old Roku 3 which I can use for the above services + CBS All Access.

6. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    If you have a Bolt plus and call customer support Tivo might upgrade you to an Edge since they don't have any more Bolt Plus's in stock.