Problems with Netflix app on Edge

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by srazook, Jan 3, 2020.

1. srazook

srazook New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    The Netflix app on my new TiVo Edge will periodically zoom in and you can only see a portion of the video. The only way to fix it is to restart TiVo and then relaunch the Netflix app. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

2. Fugacity

Fugacity Member

Oct 1, 2004
    It was happening for me on one of my TVs. I didn't have to restart the Tivo though, i think i just changed the resolution. I was trying to keep it at 1080i with 4k preferred or passthru and it seemed like it did it more then. So then i would just uncheck 1080i.

I think I had to stop the program i was watching on netflix too, i'm not sure.

3. Margery Hayes

Margery Hayes New Member

Jan 7, 2020
    This did happen to us recently. My grandchildren were watching and said that they couldn't see all of the picture on the screen. Since it was a cartoon of sorts I was not familiar with what should have been showing on screen. So I just backed out then went back in and it was fine. But definitely a problem.

4. geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic TCF Club

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I've had instances where only the top half of the video is shown (at the bottom of the screen). Simply hitting "back" and then restarting the video resolved it for me. No reboot necessary.

5. vinsuz

vinsuz Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Just exit (quit) Netflix and go back in — no need to restart the TiVo.

6. vinsuz

vinsuz Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Wait, I’m a “new member” even though I joined twelve and a half years ago? I STILL have my Series 1 in my storage locker!