Problems with Netflix app on Edge

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by srazook, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Jan 3, 2020 #1 of 16
    srazook

srazook New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    The Netflix app on my new TiVo Edge will periodically zoom in and you can only see a portion of the video. The only way to fix it is to restart TiVo and then relaunch the Netflix app. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

2. Jan 3, 2020 #2 of 16
    Fugacity

Fugacity Member

Oct 1, 2004
    It was happening for me on one of my TVs. I didn't have to restart the Tivo though, i think i just changed the resolution. I was trying to keep it at 1080i with 4k preferred or passthru and it seemed like it did it more then. So then i would just uncheck 1080i.

I think I had to stop the program i was watching on netflix too, i'm not sure.

3. Jan 7, 2020 #3 of 16
    Margery Hayes

Margery Hayes New Member

Jan 7, 2020
    This did happen to us recently. My grandchildren were watching and said that they couldn't see all of the picture on the screen. Since it was a cartoon of sorts I was not familiar with what should have been showing on screen. So I just backed out then went back in and it was fine. But definitely a problem.

4. Jan 8, 2020 #4 of 16
    geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic TCF Club

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I've had instances where only the top half of the video is shown (at the bottom of the screen). Simply hitting "back" and then restarting the video resolved it for me. No reboot necessary.

5. vinsuz

vinsuz Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Just exit (quit) Netflix and go back in — no need to restart the TiVo.

6. vinsuz

vinsuz Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Wait, I’m a “new member” even though I joined twelve and a half years ago? I STILL have my Series 1 in my storage locker!

7. Pearlramsey

Pearlramsey New Member

Thursday
    hi, maybe because your current version is old, there's now a new version of the Netflix app, you can download it to your TiVo and enjoy

8. janitor53

janitor53 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    haha, what?

9. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It's a troll or scam bot checking out the system and it just responded with an AI answer based on keywords

10. Pearlramsey

Pearlramsey New Member

Thursday
    I think there was a mistake here

11. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Notice that a comma is present, but no period. I vote for bot.

compnurd likes this.
  12. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Not really, random first post that doesn't use anything a bot wouldn't from a user that only shows up on FB as a random poster only of movie clips and in Vietnamese sites.
    The account has bot or scam all over it, even this response has a lot of standard bot response, so I'm still not saying it's a real account for those playing along.

13. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    What is the point of the bot account? or its existence for that matter...

14. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    The bots are constantly testing the the security measures forums put in so that they can come in and inundate the forum with advertising spam in the threads.
    I've never understood the payment or profit model for it, but that's the goal, outwit the forum software.

15. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    They are also used by search engines (Google, Bing) to get data. We (TCF) usually have a few dozen logged in (52 at the moment).

16. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Yes, but those are the "good" bots :)